March 12, 2020
Because of the current concerns surrounding COVID-19, we are asking our clients and teachers to take the following precautions:
- If you or anyone in your house is sick, please don’t hesitate to cancel lessons. Let us know as soon as you can, and we will work with you to reschedule when everyone is feeling better.
- Clean/sanitize your instruments. You can wipe down keys and strings with disinfecting wipes, or a rag or paper towel with cleaner sprayed onto it. Please do not spray anything directly onto your instruments, and avoid using bleach as it may cause damage!
For Teachers specifically
- Keep a distance from anyone who is ill. We know this is difficult in our line of work, but do your best if you have to teach in a home with a sick child!
- Use hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) in between lessons, especially if your student or anyone in their house was sick.
In addition, please follow (and encourage your children to follow) the CDC’s guidelines, including:
- Wash your hands with soap and water, frequently and thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough/sneeze into a disposable tissue or your sleeve/arm (not into your hands).
We pride ourselves on providing in-home lessons, and we hope the one-on-one services we provide will help to limit everyone’s exposure to illness. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us.
Stay safe and healthy out there!
–The SSS Team